- Adding a shipping method
- Shipping Method Properties
- Free Shipping
Adding a shipping method
Go to Administration > Shipping & taxes > Shipping methods.
- Click the + button in the upper right part of the page to add a new shipping method.
- Configure the properties of the shipping method (details shown below).
- Click the Create button to take you to the page to enter the properties.
Shipping method properties
- Name—the name of the shipping method as it appears on the storefront.
- Description—detailed description of the shipping method.
- Manual calculation is based on the tables with charges and rates. You define those rates in the Shipping time and rates tab on the shipping method editing page (appears for shipping methods that have been already created).
- Realtime calculation is based on the rates that your store receives from a third-party service. The rates are received in real time at the moment when the order is being placed.
- Pickup from store—shipping time and rates are calculated by the chosen rate area.
- Delivery time—the time it takes to deliver an order. This info is displayed on the storefront, so that customers can decide if the delivery time meets their requirements.
- Status—the status of the shipping method: Active or Disabled.
- Weight limit—the minimum and maximum weight of the order that can be delivered via this method. If an order doesn’t meet the weight requirements, then this shipping method won’t be offered to the customer.
- User groups—the user groups, the members of which will be able choose this shipping method at checkout.
- Carrier—the online service or a carrier API that will be used for rate calculation. This select box is available only if rate calculation is set to Realtime.
- Shipping service—shipping services provided by the carrier.
This tab appears only if you have selected Realtime rate calculation on the General tab. It means that the rates will be requested from a third-party service depending on the order data when a customer proceeds to checkout.
Here you should specify the settings of the selected shipping service. Such settings vary depending on the shipping service provider. If you do not know how to configure it, please refer to the carrier’s help pages and click through to the documentation below:
- How To: Set up Australia Post in CS-Cart
- How To: Set up Canada Post in CS-Cart
- How To: Set up DHL in CS-Cart
- How To: Set up FedEx in CS-Cart
- How To: Set up Swiss Post in CS-Cart
- How To: Let Customers Pick Up Orders from Store
- How To: Set up UPS in CS-Cart
- How To: Get UPS Rates Access Key
- How To: Set up USPS in CS-Cart
SHIPPING TIME AND RATES TAB
You need to decide where your shipping method will be offered. To do this, choose the rate areas from the dropdown list. If there is a rate area in the store which you did not include in the shipping method, orders will not be delivered in this area.
You can remove any of the rate areas you do not offer shipping to, by clicking the gear icon and selecting Remove rate area from shipping.
If you receive rates from a shipping service provider in real time, the charges from this section will be simply added to the received rates. You can use this to compensate for your actual expenses if they exceed the values returned by the carrier (e.g., packing, insurance, etc.)
You can specify price, weight or items conditions for each rate area. Once you’re done specifying them, click Save.
If a rate area is not listed that you would like to offer, please email us at [email protected].
TEST RATE CALULATION TAB
Click the Recalculate rates button to find out the shipping cost. The calculation considers the weight that you specify in the form, as well as the company address and default customer address.
ADDITIONAL SETTINGS TAB
- Icon—an image to represent the shipping method. You can upload an icon from your computer, find it on the server, or provide a URL to the Image. Make sure to enter the alternative text that’ll appear when the icon is missing or can’t be displayed. Specifying alternative texts is good for SEO.
- Taxes—the tax rates that apply to the shipping method.
- Customer must specify his/her address—tick the box if you want customers to specify their addresses.
- Use for free shipping—tick the box so that the products with the Free shipping option enabled are not included in the calculation
Images must be of one of the following formats only: JPEG, GIF, PNG. The maximum size of an uploaded image depends on your server configuration. As a rule, it should not exceed 2 MB.
Setting up Free Shipping
- Add a new shipping method or choose one of the existing methods to configure it.
- On the General tab in the Rate calculation section choose Manual (by defined rate area).
- Go to the Shipping time and rates tab.
- Decide where your shipping method will be offered. To do this, choose rate areas from the dropdown list. If there is a rate area in the store which you did not include in the shipping method, orders will not be delivered in this area.
- (optional) Specify the Shipping time value for each rate area.
- Specify the Rate for each rate area. If you leave the Rate field empty (equal to zero by default), the delivery will be free.
- (optional) Add different conditions for each rate area. There are three types of conditions:
- Price condition — the surcharge/discount depends on the total order amount.
- Weight condition — the surcharge/discount depends on the weight of products in the order.
- Item’s condition — the surcharge/discount depends on the number of products in the order.