Prohibited Items Policy
Prohibited Items Policy
The following types of items are prohibited or restricted on Superfan Mall:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Medical Drugs
- Animal Products and Human Remains
- Dangerous Items: Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items, and Weapons
- Hate Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Hatred
- Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity, and Highly Regulated Items
- Internationally Regulated Items
- Pornography and Mature Content
- Violent Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Violence
Policy decisions are complex. We consider many different and often divergent factors before coming to a decision about what is best for our community. Because we are a creative community, we err on the side of freedom of expression. We also tend to allow items that have educational, historical, or artistic value, but we know that even those items are subject to a variety of valid and sometimes conflicting interpretations and emotional responses.
1. Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Medical Drugs
Alcohol and drugs are prohibited on Superfan Mall. These substances face serious legal restrictions and in many cases are considered controlled substances under applicable law. Our policy also applies to other substances that have or are claimed to have an intoxicating or healing effect. Possible legal restrictions aside, these substances are not in the spirit of Superfan Mall.
The following are examples of items that may not be sold on Superfan Mall:
- Tobacco products, smokable products, e-cigarettes, and e-liquid.
- Drugs and certain herbal substances, including substances used for recreational and medicinal purposes, regardless of their legality.
- Drug paraphernalia, including, for example: items with a carburetor; slides and/or items with a slide; bongs and bubblers; vaporizers and their components.
- Medical drugs regulated medical devices, and pharmaceuticals.
Restrictions on descriptions of purported health benefits:
A medical drug claim is statement or suggestion that an item prevents, heals, or treats a medical condition or disease. Medical drug claims are subject to varying degrees of regulation. If you make claims about the purported health benefits of an item for sale on Superfan Mall, we urge you to speak with a qualified expert about which regulations apply to you. It is your responsibility to know and comply with all laws and regulations that apply to the items you sell.
Superfan Mall prohibits certain medical drug claims based on our values, such as claims likely to deceive or pose an unreasonable risk to our community. Superfan Mall may remove claims that we deem to be inappropriate, excessive, or otherwise unsuitable for our marketplace. We also remove content that promotes prohibited medical claims, such as anti-vaccine items. If Superfan Mall receives proper notice from a legal authority, we may remove an item.
2. Animal Products and Human Remains
Certain animal products are highly regulated and prohibited on Superfan Mall due to the risk of harm to live, companion, or endangered animals.
The following are examples of animal products that may not be sold on Superfan Mall:
- Live animals.
- Items created using any endangered or threatened animal species. We define these as animal species designated as threatened or endangered by the US Endangered Species Act or listed in Appendix I of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
- Items made from cat and dog parts or pelts as defined by US Federal Law.
- Ivory or bones from ivory-producing animals, including tusks, elk ivory, fossilized ivory, and wooly mammoth ivory.
- Items made from human remains or products from the human body, except for teeth, fingernails, and hair.
3. Dangerous Items: Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items, and Weapons
For safety and legal reasons, we prohibit certain dangerous items from our marketplace.
Due to the potential harm caused by hazardous materials, as well as complex legal and shipping regulations surrounding such materials, hazardous materials are prohibited on Superfan Mall.
While not exhaustive, the following materials are examples of prohibited hazardous materials:
- Explosives (fireworks or sparklers)
- Explosive precursors
- Flammable items
- Radioactive material
- Toxic substances (such as poisons)
Recalled Items or Items that Present Unreasonable Risk of Harm
Items that have been recalled by governments or manufacturers are prohibited from being sold on Superfan Mall. A few examples of items that have been recalled are certain vintage Corning Ware percolators, lawn darts, and drop side cribs.
Items that present an unreasonable risk of harm are prohibited, even if they have not been the subject of a recall. This would include, for example, items that present a choking hazard. We generally rely on information from various government agencies to identify these items.
The following items are not allowed on Superfan Mall:
- Illegal Weapons
4. Hate Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Hatred
We want Superfan Mall to be a community where people of all backgrounds, nationalities, religions, political affiliations, and even different types of artistic taste and humor feel welcome. Art is incredibly subjective, and what is offensive to one is not necessarily offensive to others.
Superfan Mall does not allow items or listings that promote, support or glorify hatred toward people or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation (collectively, “protected groups”). We also prohibit items or content that promote organizations or people with such views.
The following items are not allowed on Superfan Mall:
- Items that support or commemorate current or historical hate groups, including propaganda or collectibles. Examples of hate groups include Nazi or Neo-Nazi groups, Ku Klux Klan (KKK) groups, white supremacist groups, misogynist groups, or groups that advocate anti-gay, anti-immigrant, or Holocaust denial agendas.
- Items that contain racial slurs or derogatory terms in reference to protected groups.
Examples of What is Allowed:
Some items may contain symbols or terms associated with hate groups in a context unrelated to the group itself. We understand that these items are subject to a variety of valid and often conflicting interpretations of their educational, historical and artistic value. Recognizing that there may be no consensus on their value and reserving the right to evaluate such items on an individual, case-by-case basis, the following types of items are generally allowed on Superfan Mall:
Co-opted symbols, such as the swastika, when used in peaceful or religious context (often in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism). The item itself must possess features that clearly depict its cultural or religious origin or purpose.
A note on swastikas: We are sensitive to the fact that there are many cultures throughout the world which use the swastika for legitimate purposes completely independent of Nazism. However, due to the widespread recognition of the Nazi swastika as a hate symbol, we have decided to only allow swastikas when part of a clear religious or cultural context.
5. Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity, and Highly Regulated Items
We respect the law and expect Superfan Mall sellers to respect the law as well.
Illegal items, items that promote illegal activity, and stolen items are not allowed on Superfan Mall. Neither are certain items that are subject to complex legal regulations or registration systems. Because Superfan Mall is a global company, it’s important to abide by the laws of the markets in which you are selling. What is legal in one country may be illegal in another. All forms of illegal activity are strictly prohibited. Listings may not facilitate or promote illegal acts.
Counterfeit or unauthorized items are prohibited on Superfan Mall. We consider counterfeit or unauthorized goods to be items that imitate an authentic good, particularly by using a brand’s name, logo, or protected design without the brand owner’s consent. Examples of prohibited counterfeit or unauthorized goods include replica luxury bags and branded apparel.
Additionally, due to complex legal restrictions that vary by location, Superfan Mall does not permit the sale of real estate, housing, or motor vehicles (for example: automobiles, motorcycles, boats, travel trailers, etc.).
We require sellers to follow all applicable laws for the items they list. Examples of items which may be subject to regulation include Native American crafts, plants and seeds, children's products, and food products.
6. Internationally Regulated Items
Superfan Mall provides a direct connection between buyers and sellers around the world. If you buy or sell an item from another country, or if you enter into a transaction with someone across international borders, you are responsible for complying with laws and regulations of the country of destination as well as your local laws.
When buying and selling internationally, you should comply with your local laws and be aware that other countries may have their own restrictions. You might be prohibited from exporting or importing certain items under international laws and regulations. Some transactions may require licenses, permits, or other documentation. If you have questions about how to comply with the law, we recommend that you speak to a qualified professional.
7. Pornography and Mature Content
As a creative community, we tend to be fairly liberal about what we allow on Superfan Mall, but we draw the line at pornography. Beyond that, we restrict mature content so that people who are offended by this kind of material don't have to see it. If you are selling mature content, we ask that you be respectful of differing sensibilities.
Pornography of any sort is prohibited on Superfan Mall, whereas mature content is restricted.
Although pornography can be difficult to define, an item generally qualifies as pornography when it contains printed or visual material that explicitly describes or displays sex acts, sex organs, or other erotic behavior for the sole purpose of sexual arousal or stimulation. When deciding whether mature content crosses over the threshold into pornography, we take into consideration the explicitness of depictions of sexual activity or content.
We hope these guidelines are helpful, but we cannot catalog every permitted or prohibited item. If you see something on Superfan Mall that appears to violate these rules, you can report it to us. At the bottom of a listing page, you can click Report this item to Superfan Mall. To report copyright or intellectual property infringement, please follow the instructions in Superfan Mall's Intellectual Property Policy.
For all other reports, or for any questions, please email [email protected]